This weekend, the Saskatoon Secular Family Network is hosting its 1st annual Freethinker Family Camp, in the bustling metropolis of the R.M. of Hoodoo, SK.
It’s shaping up to be quite the event! Here’s a list of activities we’ve got planned, so far:
- nature scavenger hunt
- earth weaving craft
- face painting
- slough exploring
- star gazing with telescopes & planispheres
- meteor watching (this weekend is the tail end of the Perseids)
- cooperative musical chairs
- digging for fossils in potash
- outside fun with horseshoes, boccie balls, aerobie, soccer, etc
- listening to a talk from an entomologist
- campfire time and s’mores (I bought a bag of GIANT marshmallows)
- “ghost photography”
I’m excited our group can provide an alternative to all the Bible summer camps that surround our area.
If anyone has any fun games or suggestions for camp activities that you’d like to pass along, feel free to leave ‘em in the comments. Next week I’ll be sure to post a recap of how much fun we had.