I received an email from Lenin Ruiz, an atheist who lives in Quito, Ecuador, and studies anthropology at the Universidad Politécnica Salesiana, Quito. He is doing research on atheism for his thesis and would appreciate responses from Canadian Atheist readers to a questionnaire he created. Lenin would like responses sent to him at firstname.lastname@example.org and would like you to include your name, age, and country.
LIST OF QUESTIONS
- How deep is religious influence on your family?
- When did you begin to feel that religious ideas and actions did not satisfy you
- Did you have militancy or read Marxist books as a teenager?
- (Answer only if your answer to question 3 was “yes”) How influential was the left-wing thought in your formation as an atheist?
- Have people made fun of you or rejected you due to being an atheist?
- What do you think of “believers”?
- Have you made fun of any believer or tried to be sarcastic to annoy a “believer”?
- Has there been any strong emotionally happening that has made you doubt of your beliefs as an atheist?
- How do socialize in your job, with your family, with “believers”?
- How do you value that you belong to a minority of people in the world. Don’t you think that you are wrong and “believers” are right?
- Have you had any contact with masonry or Satanism?
- Which do you think is the fundamental difference between an atheist and a “believer”?
- Tell me 3 values a human being must always have.
- Tell me 3 anti-values a human being must avoid.
- Do you think an atheist is born or becomes?
- What’s your opinion about people who stopped being atheists and became “believers” for any reason?
- What’s your opinion about death?
- Is there life beyond death?
- Actually, what terrorizes us about the physical extinction…perhaps is the fact that agony can involve physical pain and suffering. What is your opinion?
- Do we have a soul?
If you do not wish to send your responses directly to Lenin Ruiz at email@example.com, you may send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward them to him.
Note: Eric MacDonald at Choice in Dying received the same request; Lenin’s questions are posted on Eric’s blog as well.